Please click the Application Process page to submit a proposal.
We recommend, but do not require, that you contact Lisa Harrison, Executive Director, before beginning your application to ensure that your proposal is within our funding priorities for 2019. You may call Lisa at (361) 972-5241 or send an email to email@example.com.
Grants must be used for charitable or educational purposes and strictly in accordance with the proposal and budget submitted. All unexpended funds must be returned to the Foundation.
Any scholarship funds granted are made to institutions and are administered by those institutions. No scholarships or other funds are granted to individuals.
Funds are granted to organizations with a current Internal Revenue 501c(3) document or to:
- departments, agencies, and other services operated within federal, state or local government agencies and
- institutions and agencies affiliated with organized religions and religious bodies.
The Foundation considers it important that the public be informed as to its grant-making direction and therefore public acknowledgment of Foundation support is encouraged.
PROPOSALS REQUESTING FUNDING FOR EVENTS THAT HAVE ALREADY OCCURRED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE SEND REQUESTS FOR EVENTS AT LEAST THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE.
The Foundation May:
- Help prospective grantees consider their funding resources and help plan project assistance.
- Support established agencies in development of new programs or in expansion of existing programs.
- Give priority to projects in Texas, in rural Texas communities and the Foundation’s four focus areas.
- Match other resources and offer challenge grants.
- Cooperate with other foundations in funding projects.
The Foundation Usually Will Not:
- Grant funds for events that have occurred.
- Make long-term commitments.
- Make grants for buildings, endowments, or research.